Pod life and the changing seasons.Â In the Amy Maclean Podiatry clinic world, the best way for me to identify the changing seasons is by the patients, foot ailments and surge in certain retail products in clinic. Â
For instance, summer appointments are dominated by foot maintenance, fungal nails, foot cream, nourishing oil and summer-nail colour requests. Bamboo socks go back in the cupboard.
How do I know itâs Autumn? Bamboo socks are back in favour, PrendÃ© warm wax treatment is the new favourite and ingrown toenails become a problem again as our feet go back into closed toe shoes.
Of course, there are foot ailments that plague some of us all year round, our lifestyles and hobbies will play a part in this and the podiatry services are also available all year round; but generally speaking the seasonal change will bring about clinic favourites.
The PrendÃ© Warm Wax treatment is a treatment that, whilst available all year round, increases in popularity around the changing season. The warm wax treatment increases blood flow, tolerance for pain, relaxes muscles and increase hydration in the skin.
The paraffin wax moisturises and softens the skin, but provides a healing effect to sore and achy joints.
PrendÃ© Warm Wax treatment is great for:
|Sore muscles||Poor circulation|
|Muscle spasm||Dry skin|
|Scar tissue||Sports injury|
Whilst we stock bamboo socks all year round in the Amy Maclean Podiatry clinics, unless your lifestyle calls for them or you have booked a summer hillwalking holiday, youâll not likely be looking to stock up your sock drawer over the summer. The change of season means the bamboo socks have been stocked up and sock-box-sets requests are rife!
Benefits of bamboo socks:
- The hollow structure of the fibres make it super-absorbent, so the material effectively wicks moisture away from the skin, keeping your feet drier
- Bamboo is very breathable – think less odour and more comfort.
- The fabric is softer and more luxurious than cotton socks.
- Bamboo socks are naturally antibacterial and antifungal.
Foot lotions and potions.
Best sellers for nourishing and hydrating treatments are:
- Flexitol Heel Magic (discontinued by manufacturers, so watch this space for a newbie in clinic!)
- Ureka foot cream
- PrendÃ© intense nourishing oil
- Dr Remedyâs hydration nail moisture treatment
Any questions? The next #AskAmy Live on the Amy Maclean Podiatry Facebook page is (for October only) Â on THURSDAY 4th October at 8pm. Or you can contact me via email. #amymacpod