Amy is the lead podiatrist at Amy Maclean Podiatry and has over 8 years experience working with a range of patients, from the novice runner to professional athletes. She has also spent over seven years working with local charity Friends of Anchor as the resident podiatrist providing care and advice to oncology and haematology patients.
Since graduating in 2012, she has established and continues to run a very busy clinic across two locations in Aberdeen. The clinic offers various treatments from core podiatry, to musculo-skeletal assessment and diagnosis. In 2019, the practice invested in state of the art technology for analysing gait, namely PodoSmart, which has proven invaluable in aiding with diagnosis of running injuries.
When Amy is not in the clinic, she spends a lot of her free time volunteering for local charity Friends of Anchor as part of their ‘red army’ at various events throughout the year. She is a keen gym goer and can often be found providing footwear advice to her fellow gym buddies. For some quiet time, she enjoys a bit of crochet and a cuppa to reset the brain!
Amy is committed to providing the best care for her patients and has completed several post graduate certificates in foot and ankle mobilisation techniques. In addition, she attends various national conferences annually to keep up to date with leading research and technologies within the industry. She is booked on the fascial manipulation course level 1 set to run in June 2021.
What her patients think
- “ "Had my first treatment today with Amy and my feet now feel great. Also have had some great advice on how to keep my feet feeling good! Have booked my second appointment. Thank you Amy." I.R
- “ "Amy has been working on my feet now for over a year. I am always delighted with the result, having a major problem with my metatarsal on my foot and my bunions. I had a deep embedded soft corn in between my toes and she sorted that out much to my relief. Thank you Amy for attending to my feet in such a cheerful and professional way." K.F
- “ "I started going to Amy about a year ago, she does a great job on my feet and always has them in top condition to take part in races." W.P
- “ "Just wanted to say a big thank you for the updates on my appointment and a big thank you to Amy for my treatment." M.K
- “ "Had an appointment with Amy on Thursday. I’m not one for booking these sort of appointments as always felt it was a female thing but I was in some pain with my toe so made the decision to book. From the minute I walked in I was made to feel welcome and put at ease. I felt comfortable through the whole appointment and now both my feet feel amazing. I will be booking again in 6 months to have feet sorted again." S.B